Here's this week's quiz to keep you on your toes and to start the conversation within your network on race, diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. Each time we’ll pose specific questions to test your knowledge and to help stretch your understanding of the importance and subtleties of how we think, act, and engage with each other culturally, ethnically and personally.
So get your thinking caps out and get ready to expand your thinking one question at a time.
You’ll find all of the answers below.
Have a good question to pose? Send me an email at email@example.com, and you might see it reposted in a future issue of “The Diversity Quiz Factor!”
-Carole Copeland Thomas
Below are 5 Questions/Statements With 6 Different Responses. All Answers Are Below.
Feel free to SHARE this quiz with your friends, colleagues and staff members.
1. In The US Workforce women make up _____% of social workers and _____% of HVAC and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers.
_____a. 30% and 25%
_____b. 82% and 1%
_____c. 65% and 10%
_____d. 12% and 89%
2. The United Nations states that 1 in _____ girls in Africa miss school during their menstruation cycle.
3. With the United States making up only 5% of the world's population, what percentage of the world's prison population does it represent?
4. Who recently became Boston's first African American in history appointed as the Boston Police Commissioner?
_____a. Ray Hammond
_____b. David Thomas
_____c. Jacques Carter
_____d. William Gross
5. Dr. Daphne Koeller is the co-founder of what online educational platform launched in 2012?
1. b. 82% and 1% Source: US. Bureau of Labor Statistics Women at Work
2. d. 10 . This is a major issue in developing countries, where all girls do not have access to sanitary napkins. Several humanitarian projects in the US include sending/distributing sanitary napkins to girls in rural villages. When I lead my yearly group tour to India, our travelers take extra suitcases filled with sanitary napkins for village girls in the countryside.
3. a. 21% . Source: NAACP . This is a shameful percentage, coupled with several state prison construction projects conducted across the United States.
4. d. William Gross . Commissioner Gross was installed as the first African American on Monday August 6, 2018. Listen to Carole's radio podcast and learn more about Commissioner Gross. Click Here to Listen.
5. b. Coursera . This TED talk features Dr. Koeller and her remarkable journey as an online innovator. Click Here To Listen.
The Multicultural Symposium Series Webinar Series features current topics designed to enhance personal development both on and off the job. All you need is a computer and a phone to join each webinar. Open to Members of the Multicultural Symposium Series.
Visit www.mssconnect.com for complete information.'
Want to learn what it's like to own your own business? Or how to expand your business? Pick up a copy of Carole's book today!
Click On The Cover Below...
How can YOU practice diversity and multiculturalism where YOU live?? Read Carole's book and find out how to make it happen!!
Click On The Book Cover Below...
Carole Copeland Thomas is a 27 year speaker, trainer and consultant specializing in global diversity, empowerment, multiculturalism and leadership issues.