Here's this week's quiz to keep you on your toes and to start the conversation within your network on race, diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. Each time we’ll pose specific questions to test your knowledge and to help stretch your understanding of the importance and subtleties of how we think, act, and engage with each other culturally, ethnically and personally.
So get your thinking caps out and get ready to expand your thinking one question at a time.
You’ll find all of the answers below.
Have a good question to pose? Send me an email at email@example.com, and you might see it reposted in a future issue of “The Diversity Quiz Factor!”
-Carole Copeland Thomas
Below are 5 Questions/Statements With 9 Different Responses. All Answers Are Below.
Feel free to SHARE this quiz with your friends, colleagues and staff members.
1. A total of ____% of the country's managers are too busy to implement diversity initiatives, according to a SHRM study report.
2. ________ ____________ served honorably, first as a decorated military officer captured for 5.5 years as a prisoner of war during the Vietnam War, then elected to the United States Senate, representing the state of Arizona. He died on August 25, 2018, at the age of 81.
3. Google's Tech Staff is only _____% black.*
4. Sonia Sotomayor is the first ________ to serve on the United States Supreme Court. Appointed by President ________ in 2009, she is the third woman to hold the position.
5. In 2016 Priyanka Yoshikawa was the second biracial ____________ woman to win the title of Miss ________. Her mother is __________ and her father is Indian.
SHRM is the Society for Human Resource Management
a. First Source
b. SHRM Study Report :
2. John McCain
*3. 1% (Based on 2016 data)
The 2018 Google Diversity Annual Report indicates that the percentage has risen to a whopping... 2%.
4. Latina, Obama
5. Japanese, Japan, Japanese
The first biracial Miss Japan was Ariana Miyamoto, crowned Miss Universe Japan in 2015. Her mother was Japanese and her father was an African American.
Both women have been publically scrutinized in some Japanese circles because of their mixed heritage.
2.5 Days Left To Join At $179 Introductory Rate
The Multicultural Symposium Series Webinar Series features current topics designed to enhance personal development both on and off the job. All you need is a computer and a phone to join each webinar. Open to Members of the Multicultural Symposium Series.
Visit www.mssconnect.com for complete information.'
Want to learn what it's like to own your own business? Or how to expand your business? Pick up a copy of Carole's book today!
Click On The Cover Below...
How can YOU practice diversity and multiculturalism where YOU live?? Read Carole's book and find out how to make it happen!!
Click On The Book Cover Below...
Carole Copeland Thomas is a 27 year speaker, trainer and consultant specializing in global diversity, empowerment, multiculturalism and leadership issues.