*Update: Hope everyone of the East Coast of the United States is okay. I just felt a tremor from the 5.8 earthquake here in Boston.
On August 21st I celebrated my 58th birthday, and received birthday greetings by phone and online from friends and colleagues around the world. In the spirit of this month's back to school theme, and as a special birthday gift to my readers, I want to share 25 ways to help make this school year the very best for students all over the world.
1. Believe in yourself. You have the talent to achieve.
2. Listen to your parents. They know more that you think.
3. Find an older student you can respect and look up to.
4. Find the ONE teacher who believes in you. Stick by him/her all year long.
5. Cut the TV off, find new discipline, and finish your homework.
6. Live by the wisdom of your grandparents. They know what their talking about.
7. Not all teachers support your dreams. Respect them all, but share your dreams carefully.
8. Not all friends support your dreams. Share your dreams carefully.
9. American students have much to learn from other students around the world.
10. Students from other countries can learn from American students.
11. Watch all that junk food you eat. Start eating healthy “brain” food instead.
12. Ugly ethnic jokes hurt other classmates. Put yourself in their shoes.
13. Watch your anger. Getting angry at your teachers can lower your grade.
14. You earn your grades. Grades are not given to you. (Source: my daughter Michelle)
15. Be your teacher’s friend…not their enemy. (Source: my daughter Michelle)
16. Be on time for school each day. (Source: my timely daughter Michelle)
17. Get enough rest each night.(Source: my daughter Michelle)
18. Fall in love with READING.(Source: my daughter Michelle)
19. Stay away from DRUGS.
20. Stay away from ALCOHOL
21. Know who your true friends are and help other students. (Source: my daughter Michelle)
22. You will have many years for a meaningful sexual experience. Save it for later.
23. Prayer and meditation DO work. Use them often.
24. Be your own best friend. If you don’t like yourself, who will?
25. Discover the wonders of a good education. It will take you far in life.
#26 - #30 Give Us Your Suggestions In The Comment Sections Below.
The Multicultural Symposium Series Webinar Series features current topics designed to enhance personal development both on and off the job. All you need is a computer and a phone to join each webinar. Open to Members of the Multicultural Symposium Series.
Visit www.mssconnect.com for complete information.'
Want to learn what it's like to own your own business? Or how to expand your business? Pick up a copy of Carole's book today!
Click On The Cover Below...
How can YOU practice diversity and multiculturalism where YOU live?? Read Carole's book and find out how to make it happen!!
Click On The Book Cover Below...
Carole Copeland Thomas is a 27 year speaker, trainer and consultant specializing in global diversity, empowerment, multiculturalism and leadership issues.