Focus On Empowerment can be heard every Thursday at 1pm Eastern.
Log Onto: www.blogtalkradio.com/globalcarole
Listen LIVE or Download Anytime At This Blog Post. Each broadcast can be replayed immediately following the show.
The quest for becoming a diversity champion is strenuous and sometimes daunting. It takes personal courage and optimism to help move the needle further up the chain of full acceptance and trust. It's beyond mere tolerance. Becoming a diversity champion means that you will even go it alone in standing on principle when the voices of opposition grow louder on the other side.
Advocating for diversity is never easy. However, champions like you are needed more than ever to neutralize the ugliness of fear, hatred, and indifference.
On today's show, we'll look at six different ways that can stand for diversity advocacy in an increasingly hostile world. We'll help fortify your perspective so that you can demonstrate your diversity leadership skills on your job, in your community, and in your home. You will understand why your advocacy matters and how you can impact others as a diversity champion of choice wherever you go.
Six Ways To Become A Diversity Champion
1. Let the demographics help you make the case for diversity. In America, our ethnic base IS changing.
Check out www.census.gov for population numbers in the United States.
Data from the 2017 Estimated Census Numbers:
Census Quick Facts:
Brookings Projection: The US Will Become “Minority White” in 2045
2. Understand that you may walk alone.
3. Don't get caught up in someone else's fears and uncertainties.
4. Understand and vet your news/media sources.
5. Establish your own political perspective.
6. Commit to the long-term goal of advancing the cause of diversity and multiculturalism.