My series continues to keep you on your toes and to start the conversation within your network on race, diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. Each time we’ll pose specific questions to test your knowledge and to help stretch your understanding of the importance and subtleties of how we think, act, and engage with each other culturally, ethnically and personally.
So get your thinking caps out and get ready to expand your thinking one question at a time.
You’ll find all of the answers below.
Have a good question to pose? Send me an email at email@example.com, and you might see it reposted in a future issue of “The Diversity Quiz Factor!”
-Carole Copeland Thomas
Below are 5 Questions With 6 Different Responses. All Answers Are Below.
Feel free to SHARE this quiz with your friends, colleagues and staff members.
1. What TWO religions may have challenges with employees working late on Friday night through Saturday evening?
_____b. Seventh Day Adventists
_____c. Some Jewish Employees
2. How many languages are there in the world?
3. What is the preferred term?
_____b. African American
_____c. It depends. Both terms are acceptable
4. Who is the revered civil rights leader in the Latino community?
_____a. Marco Polo
_____b. Cesar Chavez
_____c. Ricky Martin
_____d. Celia Cruz
5. When did diversity start in the US
_____c. From the very beginning America has always been a diverse country.
Thank you for taking this week's Diversity Quiz!
Please share it with your friends and colleagues.
1. b. Seventh Day Adventists
c. Some Jewish Employees (such as Orthodox Jews)
2. c. 6500+
3. It depends. Both terms are acceptable. Some will prefer the word "black." Others will want to be called "African Americans." If the opportunity presents itself, ASK the person which term they prefer.
4. b. Cesar Chavez. A courageous Mexican American who along with Delores Huerta co-founded the National Farm Workers Association in 1962.
5. c. From the very beginning, America has always been a diverse country. Remember the European explorers who came to the "Americas" found indigenous people who had populated the Americas for thousands of years.
Become a Member Of The Multicultural Symposium Series Includes The November 1st Conference
Can't attend the conference? No Problem! We'll recap the event and archive the segments at the Members Only Section of The Website!!
The Multicultural Symposium Series Webinar Series features current topics designed to enhance personal development both on and off the job. All you need is a computer and a phone to join each webinar. Open to Members of the Multicultural Symposium Series.
Visit www.mssconnect.com for complete information.'
Want to learn what it's like to own your own business? Or how to expand your business? Pick up a copy of Carole's book today!
Click On The Cover Below...
How can YOU practice diversity and multiculturalism where YOU live?? Read Carole's book and find out how to make it happen!!
Click On The Book Cover Below...
Carole Copeland Thomas is a 27 year speaker, trainer and consultant specializing in global diversity, empowerment, multiculturalism and leadership issues.