So get your thinking caps out and get ready to expand your thinking one question at a time.
You’ll find all of the answers below.
Have a good question to pose? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you might see it reposted in a future issue of “The Diversity Quiz Factor!”
-Carole Copeland Thomas
Feel free to SHARE this quiz with your friends, colleagues and staff members.
1. How many people live in the United States? ______________________
2. How many people live in the world? ______________________
3. What Central American country did NOT participate in the US slave trade? _________________. Why didn’t it participate? _________________________
4a. What is a new preferred term for American Indians? ___________________________________
4b. What US City School Committee adopted to use this same term to replace Columbus Day? ________________________________
5. What is a standard definition of DIVERSITY?
Thank You For Taking The Diversity Quiz
1. 328 million www.census.gov
2. 7.5 billion . www.census.gov
3. El Salvador
El. Salvador is the only Central American Country without an Atlantic Ocean coastline. It only has a Pacific Ocean coastline. The US slave trade was conducted throughout the Atlantic Ocean.
4a. Indigenous People . 4b. Indigenous Peoples Day - West Hartford, Connecticut Board of Education. They are probably the first school district in the country to change from Columbus Day to this new name. My daughter, Dr. Lorna Thomas Farquharson, is an elected member of this School Committee.
5. Diversity is the understanding, management, and implementation of differences AND similarities among people, cultures and communities around the world.